For 10 days in March, Miami will be home to the film industry’s best, brightest and boldest creative forces. The Miami International Film Festival lands at Miami Dade College from March 6-15, bringing with it exclusive film premieres, appearances from exceptional artists, and much more.
The 32nd annual iteration of the event focuses on more than just the films themselves, kicking off with an opening night party at Miami’s iconic Freedom Tower. Between the opening night party and the main event — the Patron XO Igloo Cafe Awards Night Party — the festival will play host to events featuring film industry luminaries such as Cheryl Boone Isaacs, Andrew Lancaster, and a slew of others.
The festival’s main focus remains on screening the world’s best and most forward-thinking films. This year’s collection of screenings includes a number of standouts, ranging from acclaimed to eagerly-awaited to under-the-radar. Venues across South Florida will host the screenings, including a few within minutes of Blue Moon Hotel, including the Miami Beach Cinematheque and O Cinema Miami Beach.
Notable Film Screenings at the 2015 Miami International Film Festival:
- Wild Tales — Friday, March 6 — Olympia
- Warsaw 44 — Sunday, March 8 — Tower 1 (Freedom Tower)
- ‘From a Distance’ Shorts — Sunday, March 8 — Tower 2 (Freedom Tower)
- Easy Sex, Sad Movies — Wednesday, March 11 — O Cinema Miami Beach
- Blue Blood — Thursday, March 12 — O Cinema Miami Beach
Must-Attend Masterclass Sessions at the 2015 Miami International Film Festival:
- DIY Digital Distribution Panel — Saturday, March 7 — Tower 2 (Freedom Tower)
- A Conversation With Cheryl Boone Isaacs — Tuesday, March 10 — O Cinema Miami Beach
- Mastering Cinematography with Alain Choquart — Wednesday, March 11 — Tower 2 (Freedom Tower)
Tickets for most screenings, special events and masterclass sessions are available now at www.miamiff-tickets.com/events.
Miami International Film Festival
March 6-15, 2015
Miami Dade College, various venues in Miami/Miami Beach