Explore the vibrant multi-cultured personality of Miami’s white-hot culinary scene. Discover the bold influences on the region’s cuisine, including Latin America, the Caribbean, the Southern U.S., and the Atlantic Ocean.
Savor Miami’s World-Class Culinary Scene: A World of Flavors
Perched on the tip of Florida on the edge of the ocean, Miami is a gateway between North America and Latin America. Its bold, brilliant cuisine has been influenced by myriad cultures – which means that foodie travelers have lot to explore!
Discover Diverse Cultural Influences in Miami’s Cuisine
While many people associated Miami with Cuban food, the city’s multifaceted culinary personality goes far beyond.
- Latin America – From chicharron (fried pork skin) and ceviche from South America to Colombian churrasco (steak) and Mexican street tacos – the recipes of Latin America offer endless inspiration to chefs in Miami.
- Africa – Comforting, flavorful soul food has evolved from African roots through its journey in the American South. Try mofongo, a tasty dish with fried plantains, garlic, and pork.
- Caribbean – Perhaps no culinary culture looms larger in Miami than the Caribbean. Visit Little Haiti to try dishes like fried snapper and goat stew. You’ll also find plenty of jerk chicken, braised oxtail, and barbecue ribs.
- Atlantic Ocean – Indulge in the freshest, just-caught seafood in Miami, which boasts an unbeatable proximity to the sea. Enjoy impeccable oysters, shrimp, crab, lobster, and sushi – and don’t miss stone crab season from October to March.
- Cuba – With an unparalleled influence on the culture of Miami, this Caribbean island deserves its own spot on the list. No trip to Miami is complete without tasting a classic Cuban sandwich, made with roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, yellow mustard, and dill pickles on freshly baked bread.
Miami Beach Hotel Rustic-Chic Bistro
Do you live to eat? Discover farm-to-table cuisine with fresh, local ingredients at our South Beach bistro FIX. Book your stay at Blue Moon and discover a one-of-a-kind retreat with unforgettable Miami dining. Book today!